About Your Privacy
What we collect:
- Data provided during account creation (this includes your email address or phone number for SMS verification, where provided).
- Data provided during your profile creation (avatar and user name).
- Unique identifiers of your device
- Usage information for the 2gathr app
- Location data if and when you enable “live location sharing” in the app
How we use your data:
- To enable communication between users
- To enable customer support
- Improvement and development of our services
- All data which is required for legal proceedings
- Information you make public may be used by us to enable marketing. However, we will not share your email address or phone number. We cannot access your private messages, and none of their content can be used or shared.
What is publicly visible:
- Your profile data (your avatar and user name)
- Everything you post in a public area (this includes “pins”, “events”, “media”, “incidents”, “posts” “comments” and replies)
- Your current location will be shown on the home-screen of the app (exploration view). The app will use this location to query relevant posts / pins.
- We will not store your location history for the contents of the exploration view.
- If you enable “live location sharing” in the app, your real-time location will be transmitted to our servers and shown to other users.
Media (images, videos, sound recordings) meta data:
- In order to further protect your privacy, any meta-data (such as the EXIF-data of an image) of a media file will be removed locally on your device before upload to our servers. This removal of meta data will not affect the original media file.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). For more information see COPPA compliance.